By using the Fibre Based Internet Services (“Services”) provided by Reztel Communications Inc. (“Reztel”), the Customer agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of Reztel’s Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”). If the Customer does not agree with the terms and conditions of this AUP, the Customer must immediately stop using the Fibre Based Internet Services and notify Reztel customer service that the Customer is terminating the Services.
Reztel is committed to providing our customers with a high quality of service and a satisfying customer experience for their Internet connection. To this end we have established guidelines to govern use to ensure our continued ability to provide a secure, high speed, low latency Internet connection.
In order to protect the Reztel network and Customers, who could be affected through another user’s abuse of these privileges, Reztel has the right to terminate the Services of anyone who contravenes the terms and conditions of this Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”). All users of the Reztel Fibre Based Internet Services are therefore subject to the terms and conditions of this Acceptable Use Policy.
The Services may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited including; without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights used without proper authorization. Transmission, distribution or storage of material that is or may be considered as obscene, defamatory or constitutes a threat is also prohibited. Reztel does not assume any responsibility for material available, transmitted, stored or otherwise accessible through the Services. Using the Services for the transmission or storage of material protected by copyright or by other intellectual property rights without the consent of the relevant rights holders may be an infringement of Canadian copyright law and could give rise to criminal and civil liability. Reztel does not authorize the use of its Services in any way for any illegal activity.
Each Customer is responsible for ensuring that any use of the Services complies with this AUP; including use by another individual such as a family member, guest or employee. The Customer is fully responsible for any misuse of the Services. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that no one gains unauthorized access to the Services. The Customer is solely responsible for the security of any device they choose to connect to the Reztel network, including any data stored on that device.
The Services may not be used to breach the security of another user or to attempt to gain access to any other person’s computer, software or data, without the knowledge and written consent of such person and may not be used in any attempt to circumvent the user authentication or security of any host, network or account.
Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to:
- Accessing data without express authorization of the owner;
- Any collection or attempt to collect personal information about third parties without their authorization or knowledge;
- Logging into or making use of a server or account the Customer is not expressly authorized to access;
- Probing the security of other computers/networks;
- Forging any part of the TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in an E-mail or a newsgroup posting;
- Facilitating a violation of this AUP;
- Any action that enables or results in ‘spam’, ‘hacking’, ‘crashing’ a host, ‘flooding’, spreading or transmission of a ‘virus’ or any other activity that interferes with the normal functioning or security of any web location or any web user.
- Any use or distribution of tools that have been designed to compromise security, such as password guessing programs, cracking tools, packet sniffers or network probing tools. The Services may not be used to violate the rules, regulations or policies applicable to any network, server, computer database, or web site that the Customer accesses or to violate another Internet service provider’s acceptable use policy and/or terms of service.
There may be content on the Internet or otherwise available through the Services which may be offensive to some individuals, or which may not be in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Reztel does not assume any responsibility for the content contained on the Internet or otherwise available through the Services. The Customer must assume the risk of accessing content through the Services, and Reztel shall not have any liability for any claims, losses, actions, damages, suits or proceedings arising out of or otherwise relating to access to such content. Content questions or complaints should be addressed to the content provider.
The customer is solely responsible for any information that the customer posts to the web and should ensure the material is appropriate to its intended/potential audience. Reztel reserves the right to remove or refuse to post any information that is unlawful, offensive, obscene, defamatory or otherwise causes unnecessary stress on the Reztel Network or its users.
Electronic Mail/Newsgroup/Internet Relay Chat/Messenger
The Services may not be used to indiscriminately send unsolicited, unwanted, irrelevant, or inappropriate messages, especially commercial advertising in mass quantity (spam).
Other prohibited electronic mail activities include, but are not limited to:
- Posting a single message or messages similar in content, to more than nine online forums or newsgroups;
- Posting messages to online forums or newsgroups that violate the rules of the forums or newsgroups;
- Collecting the responses from unsolicited E-mail regardless of whether or not the mail was sent via the Reztel network;
- Sending any unsolicited E-mail that could be expected, in Reztel’s discretion, to provoke complaints;
- Sending E-mail with charity requests, petitions for signature, or any chain mail related materials;
- Sending unsolicited E-mail without identifying in the E-mail a clear and easy means to be excluded from receiving additional E-mail from the originator of the E-mail;
- Continuing to send messages to anyone that has expressly requested not to receive messages from the sender;
- Sending messages which disrupt another Internet user’s equipment, including software, hardware, and user display, or hindering other users in their access to, and use of, the Services;
- Forging, altering or removing electronic mail headers;
- Spoofing, forging or using another user’s identity or network address while participating in chat sessions;
- Performing any “flooding” activities. Flooding is defined as deliberately repeating actions in quick succession in order to fill the screens of other Internet users with text;
- Using automated programs, such as “bots” or “clones” when the Customer is not physically present at the device.
By using Reztel’s servers, the Customer consents to anti-spam and anti-virus filtering by Reztel.
Reztel is not responsible for the forwarding of E-mails sent to any account that has been discontinued, suspended or terminated. Such E-mails will be returned to sender, ignored, deleted, or stored temporarily at Reztel’s sole discretion.
Reztel reserves the right to discontinue access to any Usenet newsgroup at any time for any reason.
Any IP address assigned to the customer by Reztel remains the property of Reztel. Any assigned IP address may be changed at any time without prior notice. Any assigned IP address will revert back to Reztel when the customer Agreement is terminated or if the Service Agreement and level change and no longer require an IP address.
Bandwidth, Data Storage and Other Limitations
Customers shall comply with the bandwidth, data storage and other limitations associated with their Service plan (described on Reztel’s website at www.reztel.net), as may be amended from time to time by Reztel. Reztel may impose additional charges if the Customer exceeds the prescribed usage limits set out by Reztel for each Service plan (described on Reztel’s website at www.reztel.net).
Violation of AUP
Although Reztel has no obligation to monitor the Services and/or the network, Reztel reserves the right to monitor bandwidth, usage, and content from time to time to operate the Services; to identify violations of this AUP; and/or to protect the network and Reztel Customers. Any correspondence that Reztel may want to deliver to the Customer with respect to bandwidth usage, violation of this AUP or protection of Reztel network will be sent to the primary contact E-mail address attached to the Customer’s account.
Reztel, in its sole discretion, may, at any time and without prior notice, take any actions deemed appropriate if the Customer exceeds the prescribed bandwidth limitations set out for each Service plan, or to preserve the integrity of its network. Such actions include, but are not limited to, the imposition of the additional charges mentioned on Reztel website at www.reztel.net, temporary or permanent removal of content, cancellation of newsgroup posts, discontinuing access to any Usenet newsgroup, filtering of Internet transmissions, and the immediate suspension, discontinuance, limitation or termination of the Services. Reztel will not incur any liability for any such responsive actions.
Reztel reserves the right to investigate suspected violations of this AUP, including the gathering of information from the user or users involved and the complaining party, if any, and examination of material on Reztel’s servers and network.
Reztel reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrong. Such cooperation may include Reztel providing the Customer’s host-name, IP address or other information based on reasonable evidence and/or receipt of warrant.
Upon termination of the Services, Reztel is authorized to delete any files, programs, data and E- mail messages associated with the Customer’s account. Reztel, in its sole discretion, will determine what action will be taken in response to a violation on a case-by-case basis. Violations of this AUP may also subject the account holder(s) to criminal or civil liability.
Questions and comments regarding this AUP, violations thereof or any other network abuse matter should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.